The Annual ESPY Awards will see two power couples from WWE this year. Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins and Bianca Belair along with Montez Ford are scheduled for the event.
With various awards and accomplishments outside the ring, ESPY awards also adds to the collection of awards for WWE. The ESPY Awards, the Excellence in Sports Performance Yearly, is an event honoring the top athletes and sports performances of the year. Each year, the event presents awards for different sports and to different athletes. WWE has been a part of the ESPY Awards since 2019. They have a special section of the Best moment of the year in WWE which contains some of the most notable moments of WWE each year.
For this year, WWE has sent two power couples from the business. Seth Rollins, Becky Lynch, and Bianca Belair, Montez Ford are the selected superstars to witness this event live.
Past ESPY winners from WWE
ESPY included WWE in its annual awards for the first time in 2019. They introduced the ‘Best WWE Moment of the Year’ award having three nominees.
The three nominees included were:
- Becky won WrestleMania main event
- Kofi Kingston becoming WWE Champion
- Roman Reigns returning after recovering from Leukemia
- Ronda Rousey winning RAW Women’s championship
Roman Reigns went on to win the inaugural award setting another huge milestone in his career.
In 2021, Bianca Belair and Sasha Banks went on to win the award for their WrestleMania main event.
As of 2022, The American Nightmare Cody Rhodes won the award for his return at the Royal Rumble.
It will be interesting to see who wins this award this year as this year has been full of exciting moments so far.
- WWE cuts short matches after Bloodline segment went far longer than expected
- Bayley names Top NXT superstar as her tag partner for a dream mixed tag match
- WWE Sky-high grossing Arena Event ever, WWE Friday Night surpassed all records
- Asuka gives a hilarious response to Ms. Money in the Bank’s intimidation, uses a “Simpsons” reference